March 6, 2010

Update on Lonah

Wow! What a difference a day makes...along with your prayers and the knowledge and provision of medicines that God has afforded us!! As you can see by Lonah and her mother, Daisy's smiles, she is doing much better!!
Asthma is such a common disease that we often times forget how serious it can be and that it can kill. Lonah's condition yesterday is the worst exacerbation of asthma that I have seen in a child. I was not sure she would leave our ER alive.
Over the years I have, on many occassions of near death situations, wondered how much is the medicine and how much is the power of God that has permitted healing. I do believe God has the power to heal. I do believe He has given us the ability to learn and develop new medicines and modes of treatment and that God uses that, too. I also believe that God called me here in order to use the skills that He has given me to assist in the healing of His children.
So, where did Lonah's healing come from? God! He heard our cries for mercy and He allowed me, my doctor colleagues, our nursing staff, and the medicines he has supplied us with to be a part of His work!
God, thank you for allowing each one of us, although unworthy, to partner with You!!


Dr. Susan

No comments: