January 13, 2018

Gerad

There have not been too many days where I have seen Gerad smile.  But on Thursday this past week I did!  He got tickled about something silly I said.  I then asked him if I could take his picture in order to share with my friends and ask for them to pray for him.  He smiled again for the photo!
I mentioned Gerad in a recent post.  From what we are able to discern he has a cancer we are unable treat.  He's just 10 years old and has a sweet smile when I can get a glimpse of one.  Every day when I see him he tells me he wants ice water.  So, for the past week I have been putting a plastic bottle of water in the freezer each night so that I can offer it to him the next day. It's such a  little thing but he sure does enjoy it!
Please keep praying for Gerad.  His family is working on arrangements for transporting him back to their home place.  They are from the island of Manus which is off the north coast of the main island of PNG.  It will not be an easy trip for him or his family.  Pray that they will sense God's presence with them every day and be drawn closer to Him.

No comments: