September 18, 2017

A Warrior Welcomed Home

This is Gay and Tim plus my mom and dad celebrating the
men's August birthdays
I have spent the last 4 days back in the States attending the funeral of my brother in law Rev. Tim Lee.   As a missionary over seas (or anyone, anywhere) getting the news that a close family member has passed away is an experience that is just impossible to express.   Last Sunday (PNG time) we received the news that Tim had had a heart attach and had passed away.   Tim was a fantastic brother in law and is a part of the family that will be greatly missed, we loved him dearly!   Friday the 15th of September was Tim's funeral.   It was a celebration of a warrior of the faith who is now in the arms of  his Savior!   It was truly amazing hearing from all the people whom Tim's life had touched.   The people from the place where he worked commented about all the kind words, bright smile and encouragement Tim gave them each day.   He truly was a man of God and it was an honor and a privilege to call him family.   Please be praying for my sister, Gay and the boys, Anthony and Isaac as the mourn the loss of husband and father!   God has had His hand in the whole situation and has been faithful!   Gay has very much felt the Lord's presence through all of this (you only need to see her Facebook posts to realize that).   AS my mom has said God gives us the grace when we need it!  And He has!   Below is the few words I shared at Tim's funeral service, he will be missed!

"1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 

2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 

3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  Hebrews 12

Tim is a part of that great, cloud of witnesses.   He is cheering us on!   Tim was more than a brother in law to Susan and I.   He was a wonderful Uncle to Jessica and Ethan.   Tim was a man of God, he was a great pastor who loved his Lord and loved his family!   This was evidenced last night as many people came through.   But his Pastor's heart was seen as the people whom Tim worked with  came through saying how Tim had touched them with a warm greeting, kind word and a smile, that was Tim.

The Newsboys are probably my favorite Christian band.  They have a song called "Committed" this morning I thought of Tim as some of the lyrics were going through my mind.

This is my story, this is my song
I have a hope that’s stronger then the dust I’m standing on
This is my anchor, my cornerstone
This is the anthem I’ll be singing, till the Kingdom comes

I am committed, I’m not ashamed
I pledge my allegiance to Jesus, My King
I am committed, got nothing to hide
I’m not giving up, not selling out, I’m in this for life
I am committed, to Christ

For all that He’s given, The price that He paid
Forever we’re freed by the power of His unshakable grace
For all of His children, His daughters and sons
This is the anthem we’ll keep singing from the top of our lungs

To the One who gave it all
To the One who fights for us
To the One who took my suffering
In the name of love
This is our message
Our battlecry
So stand up and sing with me
I am committed

I am committed, I’m not ashamed
I pledge my allegiance to Jesus, My King
I am committed, got nothing to hide
I’m not giving up, not selling out, I’m in this for life
I am committed, to Christ

That was Tim's life, He was committed, to his Lord, to Gay and the boys and to his family!   He will be greatly missed, but we will remember the many times together as a family, sitting around the campfire at the woods, family dinners and on each of our home assignments he organized our Family Indians game outing.  We will remember his laughter and his zest for life.   Death may take him from our presence but death can never take him from our hearts or the love of his Heavenly Savior!   I love you Tim, Susan, Jessica and Ethan love you, but brother WE WILL see you again because we have this hope in Jesus Christ!

No comments: