March 14, 2014

Extra special kiddo on the ward

There are on occasion those kids on the ward that pull at your heart strings a little extra hard.  For me, most recently, that has been Isaac Gabby.  Isaac has a restrictive cardiomyopathy.  It is a disease affecting his heart which we can not cure.  He has not grown well and has signs of not oxygenating well for a long time.  He was admitted a month or so ago with increased symptoms of heart failure.  We have worked hard to maximize his treatment but have not seen as much improvement as I would have liked.  
Isaac has been recently introduced to jigsaw puzzles!  I found several puzzles that weren't too big and he enjoyed them very much.  So, when I decided to start a puzzle at the house, I thought of Isaac and felt confidant he would very much enjoy helping me with it.   A couple of Saturdays ago I was able to borrow an oxygen concentrator in order that Isaac could come and be on oxygen here while working on the puzzle with me.  It was a nice time for him and his mom to get out of the hospital and for me to share this time with him, along with a few cookies and a soda!
Pray with me for Isaac, that God would touch him physically and that he would truly understand how much God loves him!

No comments: