November 8, 2009

The First!


There have been a lot of firsts over the past few days as we have moved all our patients and medical supplies over into the new hospital. We have remained closed to all outpatient visits and emergencies except to stabilize patients as needed. That also has included pregnant moms in early labor.
I was on-call today and received a phone call at about 11:10 a.m. informing me about a woman, Anna, that came into the hospital in labor. The staff evaluated the patient and determined that this was her third pregnancy and that her cervix was already dilated to 6 cm and she was having strong contractions. Knowing that she could deliver fairly quickly we admitted her. About 25 minutes later I received a second call stating that this lady was about to deliver! I grabbed my camera and bag and headed to the labor ward. I got there just in time to see a new baby girl enter the world! The miracle of life never ceases to amaze me no matter how many times I see it!! This precious little girl will join two older brothers. She weighs 3.525 kg (7lb 12oz). Below, Dr. Bill is presenting Anna and her new baby a special certificate stating that she is the first baby to be born at the new Kudjip Nazarene Hospital.

Please continue to be in prayer for us tomorrow, Monday 11/9, we will be open and seeing lots of patients for sure!! Some will come just to check out the new facility. Pray that as we continue to provide medical services here in PNG that we do it in such a way as to glorify our Lord!








No comments: